Dog food has evolved significantly through the decades. This evolution is not so much about making products complicated, but it’s about the opposite – that is, putting together ingredients that mimic natural canine preferences, adding vitamin and mineral sources for holistic canine health, and also considering what is most convenient for dog owners. If you are looking for the more authentic, natural, and nutritional options for your doggies while dealing with less fuss, your most excellent choice would be to go for the best dehydrated dog food, make sure its organic!
Benefits of Organic Dehydrated Dog Food
Organic dehydrated dog food is simply raw dog food that undergoes a process of water removal with warm air. So this ensures that a dog’s diet is still raw, not processed, the way it’s supposed to be. Thus, many dog owners and veterinarians swear by dehydrated dog food because they last longer without harmful preservatives and with nutrients still intact. Aside from its dehydrated form, dog food that is organic also assures dog owners that what goes into a dog’s meal are simple ingredients that are edible and not artificial.
If you are also thinking about making the switch, here are some of the countless benefits of using organic dehydrated dog food.
- Since they are minimally processed, using organic dehydrated dog food helps decrease itch and allergies, and tear stains. As many dog parents know, Tear stains are symptoms of excess liver toxins that could come from chemical food ingredients found in kibbles and other types of dog food that are highly processed in extreme temperatures.
- The ingredients of organic dehydrated dog food are nothing that you do not know. That means these types of dog food do not have synthetic and chemical ingredients that one cannot pronounce. The stranger and more synthetic an ingredient sound, the less edible and safe it is for dogs and humans.
- Organic dehydrated dog food is safe. In its dehydrated form, it does not attract as much bacteria as raw food, which is high in moisture. Thus, it’s saves dog owners from the risk of getting foodborne diseases or contamination.
- They keep longer, and they’re easier to store. Using organic dehydrated dog food is much more convenient for dog owners as trips to the shops are lessened. Dog owners can buy a big batch without having to worry too much about managing expiration.
- There isn’t much need for packaging. When dog owners go on a trip, it won’t be much of a hassle to bring a dehydrated doggie treat along, compared to packing raw food with a lot of moisture. Since it’s dry, organic dehydrated dog food can simply be wrapped in paper.
- Dogs find them delicious. Dogs are all about the scent of their food, and organic dehydrated dog food has that particular palatable smell that these pets love. These dehydrated food options are also best for picky eaters.
The best way to go when using organic dehydrated dog food is to start gradually. If dogs are used to eating kibble, do not switch entirely to dehydrated dog food right away. Mix dehydrated food with kibble; increasing portion sizes little by little until kibble or anything highly processed is eliminated from a dog’s diet. Choosing organic dehydrated dog food would prove to be a wise decision for a dog’s overall health and vitality and a dog owner’s peace of mind.